F I G H T F L O O D I N G
W e h a v e b e e n b a t t l i n g f l o o d i n g s i n c e 1 9 1 2 !
L E T ’ S F I N I S H T H E J O B !
DOING NOTHING IS NOT AN OPTION
• Flooding will happen again. Any home could flood the next time it rains.
• Repeated flooding has caused billions in damage and has forced businesses and jobs to relocate
COST OF A SANDWICH
• The most taxpayers will pay is $6.25 per
month on a home valued at $250,000.
• NO TAX INCREASE for seniors and disabled homeowners in homes less than
Information about the bond visit:
WHAT THE BOND ACCOMPLISHES
• Passage of the flood control bond greatly improves Harris County’s competitiveness for
limited federal dollars.
• New detention basins and repairs to creeks & tributaries.
• Voluntary buyouts of homes that repeatedly flood.
• July 23rd — Mail-In Ballots
• August 8th — Early Voting Begins
• August 25th — Election Day
Voting locations at:
The Houston Northwest Chamber of Commerce and the Chamber’s Flood Mitigation Task Force support the
Harris County Flood Control Bond because it is good for business, good for property values and good
for the citizens in and around the Little Cypress Creek, Cypress Creek and Spring Creek Watersheds.
Join us in support!