I am reading all the time and came upon 8 Things that defines “Southern Hospitality”.
- Making your guest feel like family – we aren’t all from Mississippi, Alabama, Texas or Louisiana so why not invite your co-workers, poker group, etc. over for a good meal
- Good conversation
- Fun outdoors – BBQ grill, fun watching football
- Show your hospitality with kind words e.g. thank you, Yes ma’am/sir
- Going to church on Sunday and of course cooking afterwards
- Homemade dessert (sweet potato pie) and coffee after lunch
- Don’t forget the sweet tea or mix half and half (sweet/unsweet) to make it just right
- When the day is closing – say the good byes that could take at least 30 minutes
Think about what you could add to this list?