With all our time at homes these days my kids and I love spending time in the kitchen. We recently fell in love with this cookie recipe I found online on Life, Love and Sugar.com. These cookies are so soft and served warm they are just the perfect amount of classic, simple and chewy with no need for icing.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 7 minutes
- Total Time: 37 minutes
- Yield: 30-32 cookies 1x
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Oven
- 2 3/4 cups(358g) all-purpose flour
- 1 tspbaking soda
- 1/2 tspbaking powder
- 1/2 tspsalt
- 1 cup(224g) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup+ 2 tbsp (233g) granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp(28g) light brown sugar
- 1large egg
- 2 tspvanilla extract
- 1/4 cupsugar (additional for rolling)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Set aside.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a medium sized bowl and set aside.
- Cream the butter and sugars together in a large mixer bowl on medium speed until light in color and fluffy. You should be able to see the change in color happen and know it’s ready.
- Add the egg and mix until well combined.
- Add the vanilla extract and mix until well combined.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix until the dough is well combined. It will be thick and shouldn’t be sticky. Do not over mix. Once it’s well combined, use a rubber spatula to help it come together to form a more cohesive ball.
- Create 1 1/2 tablespoon sized balls of cookie dough. Gently roll into a ball, then roll each ball in the additional sugar to coat. Set the balls on the baking sheet.
- Bake cookies for 7-8 minutes. The cookies will spread and the centers will look soft, but should look done. Remove just before the edges begin to turn golden. Don’t over bake. The cookies will be a little puffy when you take them out of the oven but will fall a bit as they cool.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool on baking sheets for 4-5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.