Pumpkin Season is right around the corner now that school is starting. I wanted to share a pasta recipe my family loves this time of year as things get a little cooler outside. I found this recipe on Yellow Bliss Road several years ago. Enjoy!
This Pumpkin Alfredo is creamy, rich and delicious, and without all the calories and fat of a regular Alfredo sauce. It’s an easy weeknight dish that just screams fall – pumpkin recipes for the win!
PREP TIME 5 mins
COOK TIME 15 mins
TOTAL TIME 20 mins
SERVINGS 6 servings
CALORIES 477.38 kcal
1-pound fettuccine cooked to al dente, reserve 1 cup of pasta water
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 cup pumpkin puree not pie filling
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2/3 cup half & half
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese off the block
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
- Bring a stockpot of water to a boil over high heat. Add a teaspoon of salt to the boiling water, then add fettuccine. Cook until al dente (check package instructions). Reserve about 1 cup of the pasta water.
- Meanwhile, melt butter over medium-low heat. Stir in garlic and cook for about a minute, careful not to burn. Stir in half & half, Parmesan, pumpkin and nutmeg. Stir until sauce is heated through and cheese is melted. Stir in pasta water, about 1/4 cup at a time, until sauce is desired consistency (I used about 1/2 a cup, and it was thick and creamy. For a thinner sauce, use more pasta water).
- Add pasta and cook over medium-high heat until sauce is smooth, and pasta is well coated; about 1-2 minutes.
- Divide into bowls and garnish with fresh chopped parsley and fresh grated Parmesan, if desired.