Paper superior to laptop for learning
- research published by Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU)
- students who write by hand learn and remember more than those that use computers
- pen and paper sparking activity in part of the brain responsible for attention
- approximately 45 US states currently do not require schools to teach students handwriting
- data showed an increase of activity in the sensorimotor parts of the brain, which is involved with processing, attention and language
- found that the act is beneficial for adults, suggesting they will remember contents better after writing them down.
- EEG was used to track and record brain wave activity using a hood fitted with more than 250 electrodes attached to the outer lining.
- Each examination took 45 minutes per person, and the researchers received 500 data points per second.