Konica Minolta has today launched the AccurioLabel 230, a new version of its highly successful digital toner press, to bring important benefits for customers in terms of productivity, flexibility and stability as it continues to accelerate its presence within digital label printing.
The easy-to-operate Konica Minolta AccurioLabel 230, which will be officially shown in public for the first time at Labelexpo in Brussels, Belgium, from 24-27 September, will meet growing market needs for shorter runs and more customization.
Shipments have already started for the new label press that from the outside looks identical to its predecessor, the Konica Minolta AL190, which has been developed and manufactured in Europe with Danish firm Grafisk Maskinfabrik (GM).
The enhancements of the Konica Minolta four-colour AL230 include:
- Speed. The 23.4 meters/min speed represents a 73% increase because most of tack paper and films (including PP, PET and YUPO) can now be printed at full speed.
- Productivity. It can continuously print up to 1,000 meters without the need for recalibration, as well as the possibility to switch between two different paper widths (from 250 to 300 mm)
- Overprinting. Adding this option allows the AL230 to print seamless on media pre-printed by conventional printing. For example to print on a white background
- No warm-up/less waste. The time taken between jobs has been eliminated, thanks to the fuser being kept warm for up to 30 minutes
- More accurate print registration. A built-in speed detector for media feeding also cuts paper wastage
The AccurioLabel 230 has been built on the Konica Minolta highly acclaimed AccurioPress engine technology well known for its exceptional print quality and substrate compatibility. It is targeted at small- and mid-range segments and is suitable for label printers, print providers, brand owners, packaging companies and commercial printers.
“The AccurioLabel 230 has been developed very much with customer interests in mind. Customers and prospects who are shifting to digital production have welcomed the launch and have been highly impressed by productivity, stability and new features that help shape their thinking for new profitable business applications. As one example, it now takes around half the amount of time on the AccurioLabel 230 to print four 300m jobs. We know that smaller label converters have found that up to 60% of their existing jobs could be done digitally, so freeing up their conventional press for longer-run work.”
Khaled Alakhwas, Product Manager Industrial Printing Product Manager, Professional Printing Division, Konica Minolta Business Solutions Europe
““Whereas the machine might look the same as its predecessor, there are big differences inside. This new model marks the next chapter of an incredible success story when you think how far we have come since entering the label market only four years ago.”
Edoardo Cotichini, Team Manager Industrial Printing, Konica Minolta