Dear Klein ISD Employees & Families:
Please be assured that Klein ISD continues to actively monitor the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) situation in conjunction with local and federal health authorities. As always, the safety of our students, staff, and families remains a top priority, and we will act out of an abundance of caution to protect everyone’s health and wellbeing.
In this update, you’ll find information regarding:
- Klein ISD operating on a LEVEL 2 status
- Perfect student attendance, final exam exemptions, excused absences
- COVID-19 Update 6 will be shared with the Klein ISD community by 5 p.m. today, March 12, 2020
Klein ISD operating on LEVEL 2 Status
We are aware of the first reported non-travel related COVID-19 cases in the area, and we are in communication with local health officials. Klein ISD is currently operating at LEVEL 2 as detailed in the accompanying chart. Chart
Perfect student attendance, final exam exemptions, excused absences
As a measure to ensure proper health guidelines are followed and to reinforce our message that students remain at home if they are ill, we are modifying criteria for both perfect attendance and final exam exemption considerations.
- The perfect attendance timeline will now be August 19, 2019 – March 6, 2020.
- The attendance criteria timeline for final exam exemptions will now conclude as of March 6, 2020. All other campus criteria for exam exemptions will still apply.
- In the event a student should stay home from school due to a coronavirus-related reason, the absence will be marked as excused. A parent/guardian note should be provided.
COVID-19 Update 6 will be shared with the Klein ISD community by 5 p.m. today, March 12, 2020.
Should you have specific questions about COVID-19 for Klein ISD, please use the contact form located at kleinisd.net/COVID19. This form is monitored frequently and responses are provided regularly.