Okidata to get out of printer/MFP business
- Reported its last quarter’s earnings
- Net sales down 24.4% to 81.4 billion yen ($756.5 million)
- Operating income was a loss of 1.1 billion yen (-$10.2 million)
- Components & Platforms (includes printers and MFPs) division net sales down 25.1% to 40 billion yen ($371.7 million)
- Reported a loss of 1.7 billion yen (-$15.8 million)
- announced that effective March 31, 2021, OKI Data Americas Inc. will no longer distribute printer hardware under the OKI brand to the North, Central and South American markets
- This includes all LED-based printers, MFPs, as well as dot-matrix (SIDM), printer hardware.