Even Google wants employees in office
- Google announced that employees can return to the office voluntarily this month and planning on not voluntary on 9/1/2021 according to Daily Mail News
- According to CNBC, Fiona Cicconi, Google’s new head of people operations, wrote in a memo to employees that the company is ‘doing their best to make comfortable, including providing meals, snacks and amenities where possible’.
- Employees will also be allowed to bring their dogs.
- Decision affects more than 123,000 employees on the payroll of Google and other Alphabet companies, as well as 80,000 contractors that normally work on the companies’ campuses.
- Amazon also announced plans to bring staff back in the fall
- ‘Our plan is to return to an office-centric culture as our baseline,’ Amazon said. ‘We believe it enables us to invent, collaborate, and learn together most effectively.’
- will not require office workers to receive a COVID-19 vaccine before they return