This is the first Monday after Daylight Savings Time and everyone is getting acclimated to the feel of the new time. Some may find it a little difficult to start the work week after losing that entire one hour of sleep….so here are a few brain teasers that I found that may help you to get that brain started up and running again.
- 1. A man stands on one side of a river, his dog on the other. The man calls his dog, who immediately crosses the river without getting wet and without using a bridge or a boat. How did the dog do it?
- 2. A sundial has the fewest moving parts of any timepiece. Which has the most?
- What is unusual about the following words: revive, banana, grammar, voodoo, assess, potato, dresser, uneven?
- Put a coin into an empty bottle and insert a cork into the neck. How can you remove the coin without removing the cork or breaking the bottle?
- Two boxers are in a match scheduled for 12 rounds. (Pure boxing only – no kicking, UFC takedowns, or anything else). One of the boxers gets knocked out after only six rounds, yet no man throws a punch. How is this possible?
Ready for the answers?
- The river was frozen.
- An hourglass, with thousands of grains of sand.
- Take the first letter of each word and place it at the end. It will spell the same word backwards.
- Push the cork down into the bottle. Then shake the coin out.
- Both boxers are female.