|Your health, safety and well-being are our top priority. We’re here to help you learn more about COVID-19 and how your Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas (BCBSTX) health plan can provide access to the care you need.
What you need to know:
· COVID-19 is a new virus but has some of the same symptoms as a common cold or the flu.
· Older adults and people with chronic illness have a higher chance of getting very sick from COVID-19.
· If you start to show symptoms—such as fever, cough or trouble breathing—call your doctor or urgent care center. They may be seeing patients by phone rather than in-person visits.
· If you are struggling to breathe or have bluish lips or face, call 911 or go to the nearest emergency room.
· Some county public health departments may have information about where you can get tested. Check your county health department’s website for locations.
We’re Here to Help
1. Keep Your Member ID Card Handy
Your member ID card includes information you’ll need when you need care, like your member ID number and group number. Keep it where your family or caregivers can find it easily. Important phone numbers are listed on the back. Your health plan covers medically necessary care, such as doctor’s visits, testing and hospital stays. If you can’t find your member ID card or need a copy for another family member, you can get a temporary card by logging into your Blue Access for MembersSM account.
2. Find a Doctor
Don’t wait to find out where to go if you get sick. If you don’t have a doctor, we can help you find one near you. Call us at the customer service number listed on your member ID card. You can also search for one using the Provider Finder® tool. Log into your Blue Access for Members account to get started.
3. Stay Informed
We have created a new site to keep you informed about how we are meeting your needs through the COVID-19 pandemic. Visit and bookmark this site: bcbstx.com/COVID-19.
To stay up to date on what is happening around the country and its impact on your health, visit the CDC’s website dedicated to COVID-19 information.