Now that Fall is upon us, it is time for pumpkin everything! Here is a recipe for a dessert everyone will love.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice or ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin
- 1/2 cup caramel sundae syrup
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. In another bowl, whisk together the next five ingredients; add to creamed mixture alternately with pumpkin, beating well after each addition.
- Line a 5-qt. round slow cooker with heavy duty foil extending over sides; spray with cooking spray. Spread batter evenly into slow cooker. Cook, covered, on high, until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, about 2 hours. To avoid scorching, rotate slow cooker insert one-half turn midway through cooking, lifting carefully with oven mitts. Turn off slow cooker; let stand, uncovered, 10 minutes. Using foil, carefully lift cake out of slow cooker and invert onto a serving plate.
- Drizzle caramel syrup over cake; top with pecans. Serve warm.
Test Kitchen tips
- Top with homemade whipped cream or ice cream.
- For variety, try with canned, pureed sweet potato.
Hope you all enjoy!